Thank you for your interest in joining the Hunger & Environmental Nutrition (HEN) Dietetic Practice Group (DPG)! Take a look at our Membership Brochure and visit the Academy's DPGs page to join today.
As a HEN member you will receive these benefits:
- Online access to the Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition
- A quarterly newsletter rich with in-depth reporting on issues, at times offering free CPE credits
- Connection to an active, engaging Electronic Mailing List (EML)
- Quick updates and eZines on important issues, including legislation, trends, and networking opportunities
- A voice and advocate within the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) on important issues
- Opportunities to meet colleagues and make lifelong friends that share your values and enthusiasm
- Networking opportunities at conferences around the country
- Opportunity to be a part of the HEN Speaker’s Bureau, which offers groups the unique perspective of dietetic professionals
- Recognition of your efforts by your peers with the opportunity to be nominated for the HEN Award
- Potential recognition for your contributions on HEN projects that help fulfill the DPG's mission
- Reduced rate for student members
- Award and scholarship opportunities for international members
Academy members can select to join the HEN DPG when renewing their annual membership, or at any time during the year, for $35. The cost for Academy student members is $25 per year. You can access the Academy DPG membership page here.
International RDs and DTRs
Every year the HEN DPG offers a scholarship to an RD or DTR who is working internationally in the food security or sustainable food systems arena. The scholarship provides a one-year paid membership to the Academy and to the HEN DPG. Go to the HEN Awards and Scholarships page for more information.